Hi Miguel,

I still have this on my TODO list ;-) But to be honest, I have no idea
(or rather forgot) how it should be implemented and I still don't get
it, what's the main reason/functionality?

It looks like a proxy but from user/developer perspective (just for
records, Struts is using ActionProxy internally), but as far I
understand you will code the original action and the decorated one by
hand? there be no proxy magic involved? So all you need is a way to
inject the original action into the decorated action ... which seems
doable ;-)

To start over:

@OriginalAction
public OriginalAction implements Preparable, SessionAware,
OriginalActionInterface {

  public String someFunctionality(){

@DecoratedAction
public DecoratedAction {

 @InjectAction
 private OriginalActionInterface originalAction; //inject OriginalAction here

  @Secured
  public String someFunctionality(){
    // do new stuff
    orignalAction.someFunctionality();

<struts>
  <action name="decorated" class="...DecoratedAction">
  </action
</struts>

having actions as such and the configuration, the flow will be as follow:

http request -> map to the "decorated" entry in struts.xml -> create
instance of the DecoratedAction -> discover @DecoratedAction and/or
@InjectAction (possibility to inject multiple decorated actions???) ->
create instance of the OriginalAction and apply request on it (this
action will be threaten as it will the original mapped to action, in a
classic way) -> inject the original action into the decorated -> call
execute -> continue to result -> response

is the above align to your idea?

Regards
--
Ɓukasz