There is an interesting article talking about
validation in DispatchAction. That may not be what you
are looking for but I would like to know if the method
suggestted by the author is a good choice or not:
http://www.reumann.net/struts/articles/request_lists.jsp

Another common practice is to have a isMutable()
method in ActionForm. However, it relies on the
Actions to play around the 'mutable' property
carefully. And is something goes wrong and the
property is set/reset properly, then things may go
wild.

Any comments ?

lixin

http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/showattachment.cgi?attach_id=8633