==////==

> On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 17:22:16 -0000, Pilgrim, Peter
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > When I downloaded the struts-src-20050117.zip file it had
> JAR binaries
> > related to struts-faces and shale. So I am confused. Are
> these binaries
> > built against the lastest sources themselves or are they themselves
> > legacy.
>
> The binaries of the nightly build have always been created by running
> "ant clean dist" in the "core" module ... whatever that thing creates
> is the binary distribution that is uploaded.

The thing that get uploaded should contain some "javadoc" is all I am
saying. I am not disputing the process. If it does not then it should
be available as a separate download.

> The source distro isn't supposed to contain any JARs or Javadocs ...
> it should only contain the source code, and should be buildable given
> appropriate build.properties files of your own to point at the
> dependencies. I'll look at that.  Just yesterday I was trying to adapt
> to the various changes, and it's going to take a while to work out the
> kinks.

Yes this makes sense. As most source distribution do not contain
javadoc or prebuilt jar just as old C++ code distribution do not contain
shared libraries or objects . I just noticed the raw JARs in the
source distribution.

> Keep in mind that the structure of the repository is rapidly changing
> at the moment, so expecting stable results with the nightly builds is
> not a good idea right now :-).  Your best bet is to check out the
> "current" pseudo-project from SVN yourself.

Thanks for the heads up. I'ill do SVN from my home office.
We are not quite ready for primetime yet at banking headquarters. Ta.

--
Peter Pilgrim
Operations/IT - Credit Suisse First Boston,