Dear Reader,
The Eighth  Struts JSF London Networking </b></a>
BOF event took place on Tuesday, 15th March 2005 at 6:45PM

Duncan Mills and his gracious company, Oracle, kindly provided the venue for
the night's networking event, and also supplied the nourishment: sandwiches.
Duncan was due to present two topics: JavaServer Faces and Shale. (See below)

I reminded the group of our identity, our history and that the networking
group will continue to be informal gathering that is voluntarily.
Everyone can voice an opinion, and provide intellectual comment to the
proceedings.
Those who participated are free to offer suggestions and feedback to
improve the future networking event. I also offered the chance to other
members
if they would like to make a presentation themselves in the future on a
hot topic. We would also be willing guinea pigs, if you were to present your
innovative language, idiom, framework or concept to us, first!

Here are the salient discussion points of BOF 8

Topics Discussed

* Presentation on JavaServer Faces technology
    +   Flow event architecture of JSF
    +   Retrieving a JSF implementation from the Struts Wiki
    +   The importance of JSF Facets
    +   Event handling side, backing beans
    +   JSF Components
    +   Interaction between the JSF expression and incompabilities with the
JSTL
    +   Navigation rules and event models
    +   How to configure your next web application to work with Faces?
    +   Faces XML Configuration File
    +   Brief interlude into Shale
    +   Similarities between Struts and JSF / Shale and the differences
    +   Demonstration of ADF components with JSF web application

Duncan has offered to the slides to be downloaded from.
Send feedback, suggestions to me peter dot pilgrim at csfb dot com

MESSAGES:
Michel, the french developer who worked in Spain, Palma Majorca,
from the South of France, can you send me your email address so
that I can add you to my Outlook distribution list?

> From: Pilgrim, Peter
==////===

> [...]
>
> This is first meetup not at an restaurant or a public bar with
> some A/C Mains Power! So here is a grand `OPPORTUNITY' to bring
> your laptop and your Struts / Faces / J2EE problems to forum!
>

> The presentations on JSF and/or Shale, which should take upto
> one hour. There will be plenty of time for questions & answer
> and group discussion. The structure is informal and everyone
> is encouraged to participate.
>
> Thanks again for Duncan Mills for submitting the venue again
> to the group.
>
> Lets make it a good one. Thanks
>

> > > From: Pilgrim, Peter
> > ==////==
> >
> > WHAT:
> >
> > This is just a `reminder' that ``The Struts-JSF London Networking''
> > group is holding the eight meet-up event next Tuesday 15th
> March 2005
> > at Oracle office in the city of London at ``18:45''
> >
> > The meeting will take place in a room with Audio/Visual facilities
> > between 7-9 pm. Afterwords members can retire to the nearby
> > Red Lion pub for more in depth discussion ...
> >
> > WHERE:
> >
> > The address is:
> >     Oracle City Of London
> >     One South Place
> >     London,
> >     England
> >     EC2M 2RB.
> >
> > Here is some relevant travel information
> >
> > By Underground: -
> >
> >    Moorgate: Take the Moorgate East exit, turn right, one
> > block to South
> > Place.
> >    Bank: Take the Northern line to Moorgate.
> >    Liverpool Street:Take the Broadgate exit, turn right onto
> > South Place
> >
> > Map:
> http://www.oracle.com/global/uk/corporate/locations/citymap.html
>

> The venue has kindly been organised by Duncan Mills. We all appreciate
> this generous gift. Duncan has offered to also set up meal
> requirements.
> Normally this is geared towards buffet and/or sandwiches, but Oracle
> could specially request pizzas if you so desire.
>
> AGENDA:
> Duncan Mills will present/discuss Shale and JavaServer Faces
> Peter Pilgrim will present/discuss X (Something related to J2EE?)
>

> WHO:
> >
> > I'm back from annual vacation in France. We have just over a week
> > to go the next BOF VIII. Has there been any issues?
> >
> > Some far I have the following attendees in order of email
> inbox times.
> >
> >     Alan Mehio
> >     Matthew Dudbridge
> >     Charles Cordingley
> >     Jim Collins
> >     Christopher Marsh-Bourdon
> >

> John Bell
>
> > and of course
> >
> >       Pete Pilgrim
> >       Duncan Mills
> >
> > Anymore takers?
> >

> ==////==
>
> Not a member? No worrys mate, it's free. Just send me an [OT] email

==////==

My blog lines  http://jroller.com/page/peter_pilgrim

--
Peter Pilgrim
Operations/IT - Credit Suisse First Boston,