"Frank W. Zammetti" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> >>Not everyone likes throwing the kitchen sink into their projects to
> >>provide a relatively small amount of functionality.
> >

> > Where's the kitchen sink in the dojo.io.bind package? It's lean and mean
and
> > robust. It does one thing, and does it very well.
>
> I was referring to Craig's bullet point there, not specifically Dojo.
> I'd have to look at it more before I would say the same about it, and
> maybe I'd come to the same conclusion you have in the end.
>
> > Huh? You can take any existing Struts app today, add in Dojo, and make
> > Ajax-like invocations wherever you like. No other changes necessary.
>
> But it requires adding CODE.  That to me is an intrusive way to go about
> it.  If it is possible to simple add the capability to the tags that are
> ALREADY ON THE PAGES, backed by a little XML, that is far less intrusive
> in my mind than having to add a bunch of code, and if you go the Dojo
> route, hand-crafted code.

My "Huh?" comment was in reference you your statement that the approach I
was describing "doesn't really help people with existing apps", which I take
issue with. If you put the JavaScript methods in separate file, it has the
exact same impact on the JSP pages as your approach does, but without
needing the custom attributes. You say 'ajaxRef="button1"' and I say
'onclick="doButton1()"'.

> > I disagree, at least with respect to what _I_ am talking about. ;-) See
my
> > other post.
>
> Fair enough.  We have a difference of opinion here.  Nothing wrong with
> that.  If I was presenting this as the way everyone should do things,
> then it would be a problem, but that has never been my tact on it.  I
> would hope you are not presenting Dojo as the way everyone should do
> things either Martin :)

Let me think about that... ;-) ;-)

--
Martin Cooper