Ahhhh, gotcha. it's an internal app thankfully, and they're fine with
javascript.

The report itself foesnt exist when the page is sitting there rendered. the
action is going to render it.. a Call to SAS specifically, -->
http://support.sas.com/rnd/appdev/V2/webAF/server/examples/streaming3-2.htm(so
the answer is that I'm RECREATING the report with a new outputtype)

so basically but PDF and XLS controls are HTML:BUTTON s that will cann an
"exportPDF()" and "exportXLS()" javascript function, then do the

exportWindow.location="PortfolioReportResults.action";

What about form fields though? There are some hidden fields that I need to
have passed along... will I have to resport to using the queryString? Like
this

exportWindow.location="PortfolioReportResults.action?dispatch=pdf";

--
-Dave
[EMAIL PROTECTED]