depends on what version of struts u're working on.
(i have never worked with 200 or so actions). :)

1) i reduced the number of actions using wildcards in action mapping, and a couple of hidden parameters that i pass to actions. kind of genericised the actions.

2) use "extends" where possible, mostly Actions and Forms, _especially_ Forms.

3) using extensions of dynaforms for my base forms (reduce dumb form beans. whats the name for these info containers? i forgot). bloats struts-config but reduces code to write.

4) while this may/will not :) reduce the size of struts-config, i've found this to be invaluable with large struts-configs. with struts 1.3 (in development), u might want to check out the new "<set-property key="key" value="value" /> - ability to set arbitrary properties. assists in genericising (eg: do something/somethingextra/nothing/differentthing in the called action base on some keyed property value) ... solves a lot of my pains :)

riyaz

John Henry Xu wrote:
Hi all,

In a project I am working on, we have a very lengthy struts-config.xml
file to handle complex actions jsps (200+) take.

Does anyone have this situation (very complex struts-config.xml)? Please
tell me about your experience.

Also, anyone see a blog or forum written by struts technology? If you
know, can you tell me the link?

Thanks.

Jack H. Xu
Technology columnist and authorhttp://www.usanalyst.comhttp://www.getusjobs.com