> -----Original Message-----
> From: Rafael Taboada [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
==////==

I am suprise that no body mention a ServletFilter as also
another possibility.

> I really appreciate ur help, thanks to everybody for ur reply.
>  In my web.xml file I have:
>  <welcome-file-list>
> <welcome-file>/index.jsp</welcome-file>
> </welcome-file-list>
>  So when the user write the URL
> http://localhost:8084/SanCristobal... It
> calls the index.jsp file.
>  This file has a frameset (I didn't use tiles).
>  So, My doubt is how to store some data in application scope.

The above reminds me of my design error when try to implement
a website authentication scheme. I went down the plug-in,
specific action and welcome file road until I realise that
some parts of the website content may simple be static,
but also need securing. So I used a ServletFilter.

>  What data do I need to store???. Data that it has to be
> updated if the user
> goes to a module which update that data but in database. So
> If the user
> updates the data, it has to be updated automatically in the
> application
> scope.

This is different kettle of fish. You need to implement in
your application architecture the "Reference Data Cache"
idiom.

In this case you do not need to store data in application scope
at all. Rather all your database access comes through
business data access delegate.

--
Peter Pilgrim
Operations/IT - Credit Suisse First Boston,

disclaimer:

http://www.csfb.com/legal_terms/disclaimer_external_email.shtml