Michael Jouravlev on 19/10/05 00:44, wrote:
On 10/18/05, Adam Hardy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Secondly, getKeyMethodMap() looks really clunky - is there no way this
can be pushed into the struts-config.xml?

It can be done, but if this to be defined inside existing structures
like <action>, then I would have to change Struts code. Another way is
to define it somewhere else like <component> instead of <action> or
just <action-events>, in this case you would need to include custom
ruleset object into web.xml. The latter would be easier because Struts
code would not be changed.

I will think about moving map to config file, but frankly I do not
consider it a priority. Why you don't like it in the class file?

Because it's just a strings that go in a map. It's more easily readable in a config file and it keeps them all in one place instead of having to open each action. Obviously that only counts when you are looking at a big project, but it does make an impact.

However I just thought of a better idea. Impose a rule that the name of the Action method should be prefixed by the prefix and that should be used as the name of each submit button. If the map is initialised at construction by reflection, it would make it all more intuitive and easier to code, with the added advantage that you would have one less place where the programmer would make a mistake.

Adam