On Tue, November 22, 2005 1:24 pm, Craig McClanahan said:
> For the long term, I absolutely agree with you ... and Shale will
> certainly
> serve as good "research and development" for what should be standardized
> in
> JSF 2.0.

Craig, that's an interesting comment, and I'd like to ask you to expand on
it... specifically, are there plans to ensure forward-compatibility
between Shale and JSF 2.0?

The question I'm really getting at is if I start a Shale app today,
ignoring whatever changes may come down in Shale itself since it's still a
work-in-progress, will I be able to migrate my app to JSF 2.0, which it
*sounds* like should wind up being comperable to Shale in terms of what it
offers, or do I really need to make a choice between two divergent paths
(even if the paths largely wind up intersecting)?

In other words, is Shale future-proof with regard to JSF 2.0? :)

> Craig

Frank