[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote on 11/22/2005 06:13:01 PM:

> > Hi all:
> >
> > I have a situation where Page1 (/worklist.jsp) has a link which when
> > clicked is forwarded to Page2 (/worklist/nextAssignments.jsp). Since I
> > have to do some "prerender" work to display my Page2, I have code in
my
> > backing Bean1's prerender() method.
>

> If you are doing exactly what you describe above, you're doing it wrong.
The
> only prerender() method that is called is for the view that will
actually be
> rendered ... in other words, you should put the code in the prerender()
> method of Page2, not Page1.

Yes. Actually that's how I had it and then later decided to do some code
"cleanup" and managed to foul it up instead! The horrid part is that I had
been staring at it for the past hour - and I realised what i was doing
wrong about three seconds after i hit the "Send"..(:(

> The whole idea is that all the code associated with a particular view
should
> be in one class (the backing bean for that JSP page). Otherwise, if you
had
> three different pages that all navigated to Page2, then you'd have to
> duplicate the setup logic in three different places.
>
> Craig

Thank you and sorry again!
Geeta