>>Hm. Is it untidy that the Apache Software foundation has at least three web
>>application
frameworks? Should they be untethered from the Apache name and allowed to ride
off... ? For that
matter, why does Apache clutter itself with anything other than the original
httpd?

Joe, I like your philosophy :-) My question is why is Shale under the Struts
banner? As far as I
see it, it has nothing to do with the Struts community, minus the creator. It's
not even a
revolution. It addresses a wholly different problem set and I think it's wrong
to call it
"Struts". Imagine, as an analogy, the brouhaha if Tapestry suddenly began
calling itself Struts
Tapestry because it's a framework too! I think "Struts" Shale wholly confuses
the brand name. I'd
like to see it be it's own man -- call it Jakarta Shale or Apache Shale.

Paul