Better than a framework where it's done for you and you have to edit source
code to customize it.

Shawn

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank W. Zammetti [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2006 1:32 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: [OT] Getting started is confusing [was] Re: Need advice bet
ween Shale or Struts-Faces

On Wed, January 11, 2006 2:18 pm, Garner, Shawn said:
> First thing I did was to create a helper base class with methods like the
> following
>
> public Object getRequestParameter(String key)
> {
>       return

FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().getExternalContext().getRequestParameterMa
> p().get(key);
> }
>
> Doesn't seem very hard to me.

No, not very hard at all.  But what's the point of a framework where I
*have* to do that?

And again, I realize I probably didn't choose the best example because
maybe it isn't something your *supposed* to do in the JSF mindset, and I
also realize that Shale seeks to address issues just like this (as does
the new JSF spec, from what Craig has said).  But for *today*, they exist.

> Shawn

Frank