On 3/22/06, James Reynolds <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> As part of converting my app from vanilla faces to Shale, I decided to
> convert my jsp files to jspx for two reasons.  First, to prevent someone
> else from employing scriplets in the future and, second, because I've
> read that it's a good idea (maybe I've been reading all the wrong
> stuff).

<snip/>

On the second - I've used jspx files when the markup emitted is XML
based -- such as XHTML, VoiceXML or WML rendering. It takes better
care of well-formedness concerns (plus the root element doesn't even
have to be <jsp:root>, which is beautiful).

On the first - Thats good, but what about <jsp:scriptlet> ? ;-)

> Now I'm running into some newbie problems getting jspx pages to display
> correctly so I'm starting to second guess myself.  Is there any
> advantage one way or the other as far as Shale is concerned?

<snap/>

Probably not, but my experience with using jspx files has been similar
(there are probably more "issues" with container processing of jspx
files than jsp files -- regardless of container). Shale shouldn't
care.

-Rahul