how to handle action chaning in EventDispatchAction, for example, if my
mapping is something like this:

<forward name = "nextaction" path = "/nextAction.do?action=true"/>

When we use: return mapping.findForward("nextaction"); the current
parameters, including the event for the current action will be passed on to
the next action class. will this confuse the next Action ?

We could redirect

On 6/1/06, Wendy Smoak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 5/31/06, pantichd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out how to decide which "flavor" of DispatchAction
> (DispatchAction, LookupDispatchAction, MappingDispatchAction, etc) to
use in
> which scenario.

I'm now using 'EventDispatchAction' for anything new I write.  It uses
the presence of a request parameter to decide which method to call,
based on a list of parameter-to-method mappings in struts-config.xml.

If you don't want to extend EventDispatchAction, you can use the
EventActionDispatcher that David mentioned to add the same dispatching
functionality in any Action class.

--
Wendy