Our app has a session over flow issue and I am trying to find out a correct
maximum sessions that the server can live with and the configure it. I  was
confused when people say concurrent user and concurrent sessions. From your
answers it seems all my under sanding were close to be right.

  Thanks.

Wendy Smoak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  On 6/15/06, Carl Smith wrote:

> (2)simply put, when you open one browser and visit a website, the
> server(Websphere for example) creates one session, then if you open another
> browser in the same computer, the sever will create another session. Is this
> understanding correct?

Not necessarily. With IE (for example) if you use CTRL-N (or File ->
New -> Window) to open a new window, it will participate in the same
session as the original browser window. If you instead open a new
instance from the menu or a desktop shortcut, it will be a new
session.

What question are you trying to answer?

--
Wendy