On 12/7/06, nicolas de loof <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm starting a project based on Java 1.4 and serlet 2.3 (tomcat 4.1). I'd
like to use Struts2 as it includes retro-translated support for java 1.4.
According to project main page (
http://struts.apache.org/2.x/#Platform%20Requirements), servlet 2.4 is
required.

Yes, Struts 2 requires Servlet 2.4.  The Servlet 2.4 spec was
finalized over three years ago, and if I've got my versions straight,
is part of J2EE 1.4.

Does this mean I will have to wait all my customer to upgrade to
JEE5 prior to using Struts2 ? If so, I'll have to wait 1 or 2 years ...

No.  Java EE 5 is Servlet 2.5, not 2.4.  See:

From http://java.sun.com/javaee/technologies/

Java EE 5
Java Platform, Enterprise Edition 5 (Java EE 5) (JSR 244)
Web Application Technologies
Java Servlet 2.5 (JSR 154)
JavaServer Faces 1.2 (JSR 252)
JavaServer Pages 2.1 (JSR 245)
JavaServer Pages Standard Tag Library (JSR 52)

--
Wendy