--- Scott Nesbitt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I would like to have a url pass a parameter based on
> the value of a field on the JSP.  My code looks like
> this:

Unless the field is set by the Action before
displaying the JSP the parameter won't hold a value
until it's submitted.

> <s:url id="historyUrl"
>        action="LineupHistory"
>        includeParams="all">
>   <s:param name="foo" value="%{barbar}"/>
> </s:url>

If the action that displays this JSP fragment has a
'barbar' property (that is set/initialized) everthing
is fine. If it doesn't, then you're actually trying to
build up a URL from form values on the same page,
which generally implies JavaScript.

You may be able to do similar functionality by using
one of the ajax-y S2 tags (haven't thought about it),
by submitting to a different action (but would keep
the form value of whatever it is you're talking
about), or a few other ways.

d.