Tony Zhang wrote:
For YUI + struts2, do you prefer to use YUI plugin for struts2 or just use
YUI directly?

I'm probably not the best person to answer that because I'm frankly not using S2 at the moment and have never looked at the YUI plugin. If you're comfortable with Javascript coding and client-side development, my *guess* is there's a little more freedom not using the plugin, but others can certainly shed more light there than I can.

> Do we need to use DWR to transfter data?

DWR allows you to call server-side object from your client-side Javascript in a way that, for the most part, makes it look like it's all executing in the same process space. What that ultimately means is you stop thinking about "transferring data" entirely and instead think about the same things you think about when you code in pure Java: what methods or what objects do you call, and what object to you get back. It's a fantastically elegant way to go, but it also to a large extent makes what framework you use irrelevant (I'm personally becoming more and more convinced every day that it makes it not just irrelevant but actually counter-productive to use a framework at all).

Frank

--
Frank W. Zammetti
 (2006, Apress, ISBN 1-59059-695-1)