Hi Dave,

Thanks for the rply..
i have already removed validators.xml
i am not sure about the two points:

1)  i am only using the two fields in my input form:
namely Name and password.
the name of the action is TestExample i have created a
TestExample-validation.xml file with following contents:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

        <!DOCTYPE validators PUBLIC

    "-//OpenSymphony Group//XWork Validator 1.0.2//EN"

    "http://www.opensymphony.com/xwork/xwork-validator-1.0.2.dtd";>
  <validators>
   <field name="name">
        <field-validator type="requiredstring">
            <message>You must enter a value for Name</message>
        </field-validator>
          </field>

     <field name="password">
        <field-validator type="requiredstring">
            <message>You must enter a valid password</message>
            </field-validator>
            </field>

</validators>
what is meant by grammer not defined?? as i am not getting it.

2) can u plz specify the exact location for the above XML file.

-aum