Adding that to your action classes would help to eliminate user sessions
loosing state in between servletcontext restarts.  Since action classes
will most likely contain several POJO-like properties which are set from
user input, it is not be a bad idea to add that variable to your
classes.  It would only add one line of code to your action classes.

New Jersey, USA 08889), and/or its affiliates (which may be known
outside the United States as Merck Frosst, Merck Sharp & Dohme or
MSD and in Japan, as Banyu - direct contact information for affiliates is
available at http://www.merck.com/contact/contacts.html) that may be
confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally privileged. It is
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named on this
message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and
then delete it from your system.