> *Only* in the trivial cases.

Not only, but in the most cases. I have a medium size webapp
and there I am happy I can do the whole ajax stuff and the simple widget
stuff, like tabs and datepickers with an taglib. this is much more
comfortable and to maintenance as
plain JavaScript. And JavaScript is for the most Struts2 Users not the
language of choose. ;-)

>There's not much boiler-plate code for that, and as with anything else, you
>refactor your JavaScript. It's a function call, not embedded in the body in
>keeping with good practices, etc.

Thats the point you refactor it, and after some change you
must refactor it again and again. This is a lot of stupid work.
With an taglib you are faster in your development process

>And since no two apps are the same, what you need is almost certainly what
>need.
The are not the same, but the basic task are mostly the same.

> And I'm not locked in to a specific version of a specific framework.
Of course you are locked  in the moment you use it, or you have a
lot of refactoring after upgrade to an other framework.

>And I could just as easily put *exactly* what I need into my *own* tag
>library.

And you reinvent the wheel in every project? You can wrote your own taglib,
but not every Struts2 User can do this.

Johannes

-----
---