From: Fabio Martelli [mailto:fabio.marte...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, September 23, 2013 1:42 PM
To: user@syncope.apache.org
Subject: Re: Release Maggiore and authentication modules

Il 23/09/2013 11:37, Oliver Wulff ha scritto:

Hi Fabio

I sent this mail in the mailing list because I didn't really get much
information from the jira tickets.

Right now, I'm looking into add SSO capabilities to Syncope with Apache CXF
Fediz IDP. I noticed that security in the console is done with wicket whereas
in the core you use spring security. I noticed also the JIRA to probably use
Apache Shiro which is very close to Spring Security. Where do you want to use
Shiro - console and/or core?

Apache CXF Fediz uses WS-Federation and SAML tokens for authentication which
means the console gets a SAML token which contains the roles of the user. Due
to the fact that the same roles are used for the core, this SAML token could be
sent to the REST services. CXF JAX-RS supports SAML as described in [2].

WDYT?
Hi Oliver, as per SYNCOPE-160 it should be investigate the way to add the basis
to provide access management features.
I think that Shiro can be used onto the core, mainly. The console would be a
generic client of Apache Syncope that will have to communicate with it in
respect of authentication/authorization mechanism configured.

Currently, I don't know which will be the auth solution to be implemented for
the console.
I don't exclude to protect the console via an Apache Syncope (AM) agent writen
ad-hoc.

Apache Shiro is just an idea; CXF Fediz could be avaluated as well.

Best regards,
F.

Thanks

Oli