On 27/12/2016 18:25, [TheResolvers] - Alex wrote:
Hi,
I think I haven’t exposed the problem in a clear way.

The idea isn’t to pull the group membership from ldap, but instead push the syncope group membership informations into ldap.

So the tutorial is exactly the opposite of what I need.

The funny thing is that apart from group sync, the rest of the setup is working out of box without any problem.

Some background: memberships are not managed by ConnId at framework level (ConnId has only the concept of objectClass [1]).

For this reason Syncope provides some utility classes (as propagation actions [3] and pull actions [4]) which can be put at work to overcome this limitation.

In your specific case, you'd need to include

org.apache.syncope.core.provisioning.java.propagation.LDAPMembershipPropagationActions

to the LDAP external resource.
This will extend the attributes passed from Syncope to LDAP with a special 'ldapGroups' attribute containing the list of DNs of the LDAP groups matching the Syncope groups each user is member of.
Then the LDAP connector code will take care of it.

Moreover, you'll also need to configure the underlying connector with POSIX group support (see available options at [4])

I'd suggest anyway to watch the core-connid.log file during propagations to see what is actually happening.

HTH
Regards.

[1] http://connid.tirasa.net/apidocs/1.4/org/identityconnectors/framework/common/objects/ObjectClass.html
[2] https://syncope.apache.org/docs/reference-guide.html#propagationactions