On 28/07/2017 09:15, Böhmer, Martin wrote:

Hi Francesco,

What you propose sounds good to me from my external view not being able to follow all the technical details.

Looking forward to the implemented solution.

FYI: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNCOPE-1182

The implementation is now available with latest 2.0.5-SNAPSHOT (which should be available within hours).

Regards.

*Von:*Francesco Chicchiriccò [mailto:ilgro...@apache.org]
*Gesendet:* Donnerstag, 27. Juli 2017 12:34
*An:* user@syncope.apache.org
*Betreff:* Re: Configuration of LDAP Identity Store

Hi Martin and Andrea,
sorry if I come late to the party.

First of all, I confirm that Andrea's approach is the correct one, at this moment: the way how LDAPMembershipsPropagationActions is architected requires that the same Resource is used for both Users and Groups, and the configuration available in the test data for ApacheDS works as long as uid and cn contain exactly the same value. Hence, the suggestion to try out the LDAP connector 1.5.2-SNAPSHOT (which can be downloaded from [0]) is the most logical, currently.

The issue originally described below is somehow related to some thoughts I am elaborating about the usage that Syncope makes of ConnId APIs, and I believe there is room for improvement.
I plan to write down a full proposal, but here's the raw idea.

For several operations, but in particular *before* and *after* executing a Propagation Task, Syncope queries the External Resource to see if a matching item is found, and it does that via ConnId's GetApiOp [1]. Such operation is implemented at Framework level, e.g. before reaching out any effective Connector, via a plain search [2] where the key is the special __UID__ attribute and the value is the one passed as argument, alongside with ObjectClass.

Using GetApiOp used to make entirely sense in the old days of ConnId 1.3 and Syncope 1.1, when the Mapping Item identified as "AccountId" (now Remote Key) was forced to blank the external attribute name (see [3]): in such cases, in fact, __UID__ was used as external attribute.

ConnId 1.4 slightly changed the way how the __UID__ attribute is managed: as a result, since Syncope 1.2, it is mandatory to specify an external attribute name for the Remote Key (see [4] in Syncope 2.0).

To give an idea, the sample from [3] would result in querying the External Resource for "__UID__ == 'ilgrosso'", while the sample from [4] *should* result in "uid == 'ilgrosso'" but will instead produce the same query as in the past.

The problem here is that what actually __UID__ means is left to any Connector's implementation: LDAP configures that via the UidAttribute property (and GidAttribute in 1.5.2-SNAPSHOT), AD does something similar, others do differently.

What I see here is that from one side the Remote Key is defined in Syncope at high level (e.g. as part of the Resource configuration, in the Mapping), while the raw __UID__ is still used under the hoods in some cases (before executing a Propagation Task, as said above, for example), hence it is the low level configuration (not Resource's but Connector's) that comes into play.

My proposal is to simply get rid of GetApiOp and replace its usage in Syncope with search, using as key the External attribute name defined in the mapping, rather than __UID__.

This should solve your issue (and others) at a glance, as Users will be looked up by uid, Groups by cn and Realms by ou (if your Mappings were set in these ways).

Not sure if this clarifies, but I will make some work around such concepts hopefully soon.
Regards.

[0] https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots/net/tirasa/connid/bundles/net.tirasa.connid.bundles.ldap/1.5.2-SNAPSHOT/net.tirasa.connid.bundles.ldap-1.5.2-20170607.094522-5.jar [1] https://github.com/Tirasa/ConnId/blob/master/java/connector-framework/src/main/java/org/identityconnectors/framework/api/operations/GetApiOp.java [2] https://github.com/Tirasa/ConnId/blob/master/java/connector-framework-internal/src/main/java/org/identityconnectors/framework/impl/api/local/operations/GetImpl.java
[3] https://pasteboard.co/GCRf497.png
[4] https://pasteboard.co/GCRixXp.png