Hi,

Il 15/08/2017 10:14, Rob van de Meulengraaf ha scritto:

Hi,

We have an obscure problem with a date-field in the Syncope Console.

For the SyncopeUser a birthdate attribute is added with type Date. It is not possible to add this specific date for that attribute: 16 may 1940. Before that the Netherlands used their own timezone and on that date (during WWII) the timezone was switched to CET. There is no problem for 15 may 1940 or 17 may 1940.

Yes it is a bit of an edge case and only 2 out of 4 million accounts have this problem so it is not a big problem however it is annoying because those SyncopeUsers cannot be changed via the Console.

By the way: the problem does not occur when using the REST API so their is a workaround.

After some searching I found Wicket tries to adjust the timezone for dates between client and server (DateConverter(booleanapplyTimeZoneDifference)) using the Joda Library which fails for that specific date. Is there a way to disable this timezone converting in Syncope/Wicket? Preferably by configuration. There is no need for it in this specific situation.

It's a java problem. I found this post[1] where you can find a possible workaround for your problem.

Regards

[1] http://basvanstratum.nl/java-dates-calendars-time-zones/

Thanks in advance,
Rob