I never followed this way and is quite unusual to apply such customizations. Please follow the approach that I suggested: add the class to the archetype codebase , build Syncope and redeploy the whole war of the core. Alternatively, if you're runing a 2.1.X version, you could add at runtime LDAPPasswordPullActions as a groovy implementation [1] and so you do not need to rebuild and restart at all.

HTH,
Andrea

[1] https://syncope.apache.org/docs/2.1/reference-guide.html#implementations