On 13/12/21 14:37, Marco Benucci wrote:
Hi all,

We are trying syncope on an Oracle DB (19c) with approximately 1M100K users.
Searches (both via console and with the REST API) respond in acceptable times
if you use the username as a search key, but using other fields, such as
surname, the response generally takes a long time (several seconds) or goes
timeout. Is there anything we can do to improve this?
We performed the graphic installation, without any other particular precautions.

Thank you all.
Greetings,
Marco

Hi Marco,
1,1M users managed by an IdM is quite a number, congrats :-)

I suppose you are running some 2.1.X version since GUI installer was removed
from upcoming 3.0.0: am I correct?

About search performance, my company has found [1] [2] that when going above
20.000 identities it is definitely worth to switch to Elasticsearch support.
You will need to tweak the project as generated by GUI installer in order to
enable the Elasticsearch extension [3].

In the same blog post we are also reporting that the best performance are
obtained by using PostgreSQL with JSONB support (rather than Oracle DB) - see
[4] about how to enable this in your project.

HTH
Regards.

[1] https://www.tirasa.net/en/blog/benchmarking-apache-syncope-on-postgresql
[2] https://tirasa.github.io/syncoperf/