Thanks Francesco.
Please find more  explanations:

Let me recap the flow:
1. users are created in Syncope (how? via SCIM?), with the LDAP resource assigned

 I created the users here manually in Syncope (REALMs / Users)
For example:
local_user1
Auxiliary Classes: BaseGroup
Groups: none at this stage
surname: local_user5
external resources: my_resource_LDAP

I also tested created the users via SCIM, and then doing a "reconciliation" in the LDAP resource, that also works (users are added in LDAP).

after this step, the user local_user1 is synchronized and created in LDAP

2. group is created in Syncope via SCIM, with 2 members
first question: can you see the group membership in Syncope, for the 2 users created at step 1?

Yes, going to Realms / Group / local_user20, clicking on "members" /User, I can see the 2 members.

3. the Push Task is run

second question: is the Push Task configured for both users and groups?
yes

4. you can see both users and group on LDAP, but no members for the group
correct, at least initially (when users and groups are created)

5. you edit the 2 users in Syncope by adding group membership
yes

6. the Push Task is run again, with expected result
yes

I just realized something actually:
- I create users
- synchronize those users in LDAP
- I create a group with members
- synchronize this group in LDAP, the group is created in LDAP but no members are in it - in Syncope, I then run a USER "reconciliation" in the LDAP resource, then the members are synchronized in the GROUP in LDAP.

Is this actually the way to do ?

Regards,
Fabien