Hi Vinay,

More than a cache is a parallel persistence that stores only some information to better index searches.

Please read my responses inline.

On 11/02/22 16:47, Vinay Kavala wrote:
Hi Team,

I have couple of questions related to Elastic Search extension.

 1. I just wanted to understand which API's are returning the cached
    attributes/results from the elastic search, after a successful
    elastic search extension configuration with Syncope Core.
     1. for example - I assume the below API's fetch results from the
        elastic search cache, correct me if I am wrong. Are there any
        other API's which are returning the cached response? Where do
        I find the list of API's being served from elastic cache?
     2. /users
        /users/{key}

        /anyObjects
        /anyObjects/{key}

        /schemas
        /schemas/{type}

ATM only searches are performed through the Elasticsearch extension, here is the code [1]. So we can assume that only

 * GET /users
 * GET /groups
 * GET /anyObjects

search APIs use the Elasticsearch "cache".

    1.

 1. Is there a way to turn off the elastic search cache on syncope
    after configuration? Is there a toggle to turn on/off the cache?
    Or do I need entirely revert all the configuration changes in
    order to turn off the cache?

Basically you should revert all changes described here [2] (Enable the Elasticsearch extension) to return to a "clean" situation. But the most important change is to update this line [3] in your specific project configuration folder and restart the application server. The property any.search.dao leverages the search DAO bean to use, the default value is at [4].

Thanks,
Vinay

HTH,
Andrea