Hello Michele,
I'm glad about your interest in Apache Syncope!
In Syncope, Admin credential, as per documentation [1], is set into a
property file, in core.properties exactly.

If you want to use an environment variable, I think you can use the Spring
Boot configuration for environment variables inside property file.
Something like:
security.adminPassword=${MYPROP}
so set it into docker-compose as environment.

[1]
https://syncope.apache.org/docs/reference-guide.html#set-admin-credentials

HTH,
Best regards,

Il giorno gio 1 giu 2023 alle ore 15:19 Michele Andreoli <
michi.andre...@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> Hi!
>
> Is there a way to set the superadmin password of Syncope 3 without
> recompiling the source code?
>
> For example an env variable (that I can put into a docker-compose).
> Actually I don't find any way except changing the password inside the
> pom.xml of the source code.
>
> Thank you.
>
> --
> *Michele Andreoli*

Lorenzo Di Cola

Software Engineer @ Tirasa S.r.l.
Viale Vittoria Colonna, 97 - 65127 Pescara
Tel +39 0859116307 / FAX +39 0859111173http://www.tirasa.net

Apache Syncope Committer

Syncope PMC Member at The Apache Software Foundation

http://people.apache.org/phonebook.html?uid=loredicola