Hi Clemens,
Here is a script I have tested on my DEV instance (not in production yet
though) to upgrade all users to the latest workflow def.

SET @ WfDefId = (

SELECT ID_

FROM ACT_RE_PROCDEF

WHERE KEY_ = 'userWorkflow' AND VERSION_ = ( SELECT MAX ( VERSION_ ) FROM
ACT_RE_PROCDEF )

) ;

UPDATE ACT_RU_EXECUTION SET PROC_DEF_ID_ = @ WfDefId WHERE ID_ IS NOT NULL ;

UPDATE ACT_RU_TASK SET PROC_DEF_ID_ = @ WfDefId WHERE ID_ IS NOT NULL ;

UPDATE ACT_RU_ACTINST SET PROC_DEF_ID_ = @ WfDefId WHERE ID_ IS NOT NULL ;

My feeling is that when you update the workflow you have to keep the
compatibility with previous version, from the variables point of view I mean.
Regards
Lionel

----- Le 18 Jan 24, à 9:23, Clemens Bergmann <clemens.bergm...@tu-darmstadt.de>