Nathan,

On 2/21/14, 1:42 PM, Nathan Bubna wrote:
> Yes, the conflict was intentional. The idea was that people using
> VelocityStruts would default to using Struts' message support, so we should
> default $text to use that. Whether that is still valid reasoning, i don't
> know. I haven't used Struts in a very, very long time.

That sounds reasonable, yet MessageTool does not extend from
ResourceTool, so a bunch of capability is lost with that conflict. Would
it be reasonable for MessageResourcesTool to extend ResourceTool?

(I just realized that ResourceTool is "locale-ized" and therefore should
probably not be in my application scope. Either that, or
MessageTool.render should have another method that accepts a Locale
argument).

-chris