Unfortunately, I am using SOLR's implementation of Velocity, and don't know how
to create FileHelpers in that context.

----- Mail original -----
De: "Will Glass-Husain" <wglasshus...@gmail.com>
À: "Velocity Users List" <user@velocity.apache.org>
Envoyé: Jeudi 9 Avril 2015 15:06:47
Objet: Re: File exists

You can't instantiate objects in Velocity for an arbitrary class.
 remember, Velocity is intended to be a templating, not a scripting
language.

Create a new class FileHelper which has a method "fileExists(string)".
Pass it into the context in your java code as a reference "fileHelper".
Then in your template call do

$fileHelper.fileExists("/mnt/etc/etc/etc/")

WILL