I replaced the qname.jar and Spring now starts correctly with my XFire
configuration, but i now get the below error when I try and get the ?WSDL of
the service.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Alex.

[10/04/07 16:17:05:984 EST] 7bc05053 WebGroup      E SRVE0026E: [Servlet
Error]-[Handler processing failed&#59; nested exception is
javax.xml.stream.FactoryConfigurationError: Provider null could not be
instantiated: java.lang.NullPointerException]:
javax.xml.stream.FactoryConfigurationError: Provider null could not be
instantiated: java.lang.NullPointerException
       at javax.xml.stream.FactoryFinder.newInstance(FactoryFinder.java:75)
       at javax.xml.stream.FactoryFinder.find(FactoryFinder.java:136)
       at javax.xml.stream.FactoryFinder.find(FactoryFinder.java:92)
       at javax.xml.stream.XMLInputFactory.newInstance(XMLInputFactory.java
:136)
       at      at
org.codehaus.xfire.util.STAXUtils.<clinit>(STAXUtils.java:48).null(Unknown
Source
)
       at org.codehaus.xfire.util.jdom.StaxBuilder.<init>(StaxBuilder.java
:150)
       at      at org.codehaus.xfire.wsdl.AbstractWSDL.<clinit>(
AbstractWSDL.java:43).null(Unknown
Source)
       at
org.codehaus.xfire.wsdl11.builder.DefaultWSDLBuilderFactory.createWSDLBuilder
(DefaultWSDL
BuilderFactory.java:25)
       at org.codehaus.xfire.wsdl11.builder.WSDLBuilderAdapter.write(
WSDLBuilderAdapter.java:40)
       at org.codehaus.xfire.DefaultXFire.generateWSDL(DefaultXFire.java
:104)
       at
org.codehaus.xfire.transport.http.XFireServletController.generateWSDL
(XFireServletControl
ler.java:380)
       at
org.codehaus.xfire.transport.http.XFireServletController.doService
(XFireServletController
.java:125)
       at
org.codehaus.xfire.spring.remoting.XFireServletControllerAdapter.handleRequest
(XFireServl
etControllerAdapter.java:67)
       at org.codehaus.xfire.spring.remoting.XFireExporter.handleRequest(
XFireExporter.java:48)
       at
org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.handle
(SimpleControlle
rHandlerAdapter.java:48)
       at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(
DispatcherServlet.java:819)
       at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(
DispatcherServlet.java:754)
       at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(
FrameworkServlet.java:399
)
       at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(
FrameworkServlet.java:354)

On 4/5/07, Justen Stepka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 4/5/07, Alex Burton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Trying to get a project working on Websphere 5.1 that uses XFire...
> seem to be hitting some problems... am I trying to do the impossible?
> having trouble finding what java/j2ee versions Xfire needs.
>
> Thanks,
> Alex.
>
> Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
> Error creating bean with name 'xfire.typeMappingRegistry' defined in
> class path resource [org/codehaus/xfire/spring/xfire.xml]: Invocation
> of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.VerifyError:
> (class: org/codehaus/xfire/aegis/type/basic/ObjectType, method:
> writeSchema signature: (Lorg/jdom/Element;)V) Incompatible argument to
> method
> Caused by: java.lang.VerifyError: (class:
> org/codehaus/xfire/aegis/type/basic/ObjectType, method: writeSchema
> signature: (Lorg/jdom/Element;)V) Incompatible argument to method
>   at

org.codehaus.xfire.aegis.type.DefaultTypeMappingRegistry.createDefaultMappings(
> DefaultTypeMappingRegistry.java:401)
> at
> org.codehaus.xfire.aegis.type.DefaultTypeMappingRegistry.createDefaultMappings
> (DefaultTypeMappingRegistry.java:304)
>

> --
> "We should move forwards, not backwards, upwards, not sideways, and
> always twirling, twirling towards victory!"

>      http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

We have been running into this problem with regards to our Crowd
deployments and users who are on WS 5.1.

To solve this check out this thread:
http://forums.atlassian.com/thread.jspa?messageID=257245107&tstart=0

Cheers,

Justen