Does this mean that the Aegis databinding framework requires java 5?  That
would leave:

XMLBeans
JAXB 1.1
Castor
Jibx

As java 1.4.x data binding solutions correct?

Joshua

On 4/16/07, Tomek Sztelak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Nope. JSR181 also works on client side.
Yes, WsGen work only on java 5 ( because of annotations and because
jaxb2 works only java 5 ).
But you have some options to workaround this :
- use retrotranslator to convert generated  java 5 client code to java 1.4code
- use xmlbeans as databinding , remove java 5 annotation from
generated client and add service xml file to configure factory.

--
-----
When one of our products stops working, we'll blame another vendor