From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2007 12:22 PM
To: user@xfire.codehaus.org
Subject: [xfire-user] XFire as a library

Hi everyone,

I have a system that uses a variety of transport protocols that takes
requests and funnels them to a backend ESB.  We have decided to start
supporting web services as well and want to fit it into our existing
architecture and profiling/messaging system.  We have a servlet that
handles HTTP and HTTP/S traffic already.  When I receive an inbound
message, I want to call XFire (not use its own servlet) with the
received
message and get the headers and body back (possibly after decryption and
signature verification).  I don't need/want xfire to deserialize the
body
or attempt to invoke the service itself, I have a separate mechanism I
need
to call to get that done.  I basically want something like a single,
global
invoker that is called for any web service.  From that invoker, I would
then call my legacy code.

For sending an outbound message, I generally have the same situation, I
just need to apply security, signing and the like and possibly monkey
with
the headers, then send it out via a legacy process.  Is there a way to
do
all of this or should I attempt to use something like WSS4J directly?

Thanks,

Dan

.
This message and any attachments contain information from Union Pacific
which may be confidential and/or privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message is strictly
prohibited by law. If you receive this message in error, please contact
the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachments.