Hi,

I have a problem with xfire using jaxb. Let me describe my application:
XFire and the associated jars are located in the WEB-INF directory. This
makes them loaded by the application classloader. Without making this to
complicated I have another classloader who's parent is the application
classloader. This "application" or main web service calls another web
service to retrieve some data. All the code for the client as well as the
java beans used by jaxb are loaded by the child classloader. This created an
initial jaxb problem because jaxb is at the application level with xfire and
it couldn't see the ObjectFactory sitting in the package managed by the
child classloader. I was able to fix that issue by passing a classloader to
JAXBContext so now all my classes can be marshaled and unmarshaled. The real
fun begins when I make my soap call through xfire. Xfire eventually tries to
marshall my request object using jaxb. Unfortunately when xfire creates the
JAXBContext it recreates my original problem and throws an exception stating
it "could not marshall type". I was hoping there was a way to pass my child
classloader into xfire but I can't seem to find a way to do that.

I can restructure my project and make this work but I will lose a lot of
flexibility and I would like to avoid it if possible. Is there any way to
get xfire to initialize jaxbcontext correctly so my client piece works?

thanks in advance,
Nat