Oh, absolutely - I was just using that as an example.  The trouble occurs
due to the fact the context class loader on the job/worker thread is not
the one valid for my plugin (i.e. it doesn't have my additional jars
specified).  What I've done for the moment is to simply create a worker
thread in my own plugin & run the jobs on that instead - I was just
wondering if there was a configuration option or similar to allow me more
flexibility.

thanks,
Brian

             "Benson
             Margulies"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                          To
             h.com>                    <user@xfire.codehaus.org>
                                                                        cc
             24/04/2007 12:09
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [xfire-user] Re: Class Loader
             Please respond to         Issues when running in eclipse
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]         plugin environment
                  us.org

In Eclipse, you have to use the Job API to queue code like this out of
the UI thread. Doing network traffic from the UI thread is a nono.