Please ignore the asterixes that my mail client somehow dotted my mail with... :/

Regards,
mark

Mark McLaughlin wrote:
Hi all,

I believe I have a very similar problem to the one here:
http://www.nabble.com/XFire-and-Binding-tf3794738.html#a10732950 , which
was never resolved in that thread.

Essentially the element,

<*bindingProvider*>org.codehaus.xfire.service.*binding*.*MessageBindingProvider*</*bindingProvider*>

doesn't work because "**bindingProvider" is an **"Invalid property ... of bean class [org.codehaus.xfire.spring.ServiceBean]**".

My stack trace is here:

**org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'org.codehaus.xfire.spring.ServiceBean' defined in class path resource [META-INF/xfire/services.xml]: Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.InvalidPropertyException: Invalid property 'bindingProvider' of bean class [org.codehaus.xfire.spring.ServiceBean]: No property 'bindingProvider' found org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:448) org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:251) org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:156) org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:248) org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:160) org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:287) org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:352) org.codehaus.xfire.spring.XFireConfigLoader.getXFireApplicationContext(XFireConfigLoader.java:107) org.codehaus.xfire.spring.XFireConfigLoader.loadContext(XFireConfigLoader.java:41) org.codehaus.xfire.transport.http.XFireConfigurableServlet.loadConfig(XFireConfigurableServlet.java:86) org.codehaus.xfire.transport.http.XFireConfigurableServlet.createXFire(XFireConfigurableServlet.java:54) org.codehaus.xfire.transport.http.XFireServlet.init(XFireServlet.java:45)
    javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:211)
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105) org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148) org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869) org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:664) org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527) org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80) org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
    java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Removing the element means that the default AegisBinding is used, but that is not the intention. Incidentally, when I do so, I get an exception about XMLStreamReader not being visible
to the classloader (tested with SoapUI).

My service element is,
<service xmlns="http://xfire.codehaus.org/config/1.0";>
    <name>MyService</name>
<namespace>http://localhost:8080/MyService/services/MyService</namespace>
    <serviceClass>my.package.MyServiceInterface</serviceClass>
    <implementationClass>my.package.MyServiceImpl</implementationClass>
<bindingProvider>org.codehaus.xfire.service.binding.MessageBindingProvider</bindingProvider>
 </service>

My interface just has,
public XMLStreamReader invoke(XMLStreamReader reader);
in its body.
It isin't getting as far as "invoke" anyway before it bombs out.

I would greatly appreciate some help with this.

Regards,
mark

--
Mark McLaughlin
Telecommunications Software & Systems Group,