I'm a bit confused how to use the proxy authentication in
CommonsHttpMessageSender:

this code sets the credentials (line 280 of
CommonsHttpMessageSender.java):

String proxyUser = (String)
context.getContextualProperty(HTTP_PROXY_USER);
String proxyPass = (String)
context.getContextualProperty(HTTP_PROXY_PASS);

I can deliver proxy host and port by setting system props, but how can I
put the credentials into the context from a spring bean?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE beans PUBLIC "-//SPRING//DTD BEAN//EN"
"http://www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans.dtd";>
<beans>
        <bean id="webServicesPortType"

class="org.codehaus.xfire.spring.remoting.XFireClientFactoryBean">
                <property name="wsdlDocumentUrl"

value="http://www.thomas-bayer.com/axis2/services/BLZService?wsdl"; />
                <property name="serviceInterface"
                        value="test.BLZServicePortType" />