Hi Steven,

Actually UISelectMany has the same behaviour, it checks whether the local value(converted version of the submitted value) is in the selectitems list or not.

UISelectOne is the parent of classes like HtmlSelectOneMenu, HtmlSelectOneRadio, HtmlSelectOneListbox. UISelectOne includes the markup independent common properties of components allowing single selection from a list.

After examining the code you posted, I cannot figure out what is wrong actually, yes the submitted value of the combo should be in the list, I guess where the problem is.

Regards,

Cagatay