Hi

In theory it is possible to override the default ResponseStateManager
implementation to use another name. Some months ago the state saving
algorithm in myfaces was reviewed and now the default implementation
is more "aligned" with the spec intention.

The problem with override ResponseStateManager, is that usually this
class is responsible of "state caching mechanics". In few words, the
operations related to save/restore state from a session map on server
side state saving. This algorithm could be something complex, so it is
a good idea to just copy the default code from myfaces and do the
changes, even if this could introduce an implementation dependency.

Note if you are using trinidad, it has its own ResponseStateManager
implementation, but in theory it is possible to do it there too.

regards,

Leonardo Uribe