Hello Georg,

This shouldn't be a problem -- RichFaces + Tomahawk is a common combination.
(As a matter of fact, Tomahawk works with just about anything).

It looks like you're using an ancient version of RichFaces, though, because
ajax4jsf.jar is not required in newer versions (I think 3.2 or higher). You
should consider upgrading RichFaces and Tomahawk, even if you can't upgrade
to JSF 2 right now.
---
Kito D. Mann | twitter: kito99 | Author, JSF in Action
Virtua, Inc. | http://www.virtua.com | JSF/Java EE training and consulting
http://www.JSFCentral.com - JavaServer Faces FAQ, news, and info | twitter:
jsfcentral
+1 203-404-4848 x3

* Listen to the latest headlines in the JSF and Java EE newscast:
http://blogs.jsfcentral.com/roller/editorsdesk/category/JSF+and+Java+EE+Newscast
* Keep up with the aftermath of the Oracle/Sun merger:
http://www.mergerspeak.com