Hi Peter,

to me it sounds like your clgBasicMaintain.clg.role either returns null or the value is not in your role list. Did you overwrite the equals method of your ColleagueRole class to make sure that the value you return by calling clgBasicMaintain.clg.role returns the same object that is in the role list?

If the object is not found in the role list the first object found in the list will always be the selected one.

regards
Marcus