Thanks for your answers.
Andrew, your posts are really well explained!

I did not use c-tags so far except c-if tag for checks whether rather static components should be created or not, depending on user role, configuration and so on. Besides the c:if tag I don't use JSTL tags because of the compatibility issues to JSF. I have also in mind for years that they sould not be mixed with JSF/Facelet tags.

Is there any official JSF/Facelets support in newer versions (2.x) or is anything planned in this area?

Thanks,
Michael