Ted,

The strings will only be escaped if the component you're using escapes the
text. If you're just embedding the expression in the page, it's not going to
be escaped, but you can use <h:outputText> -- this allows you to control
whether or not you want the text escaped.
---
Kito D. Mann | twitter: kito99 | Author, JSF in Action
Virtua, Inc. | http://www.virtua.com | JSF/Java EE training and consulting
http://www.JSFCentral.com - JavaServer Faces FAQ, news, and info | twitter:
jsfcentral
+1 203-404-4848 x3

* Listen to the latest headlines in the JSF and Java EE newscast:
http://blogs.jsfcentral.com/roller/editorsdesk/category/JSF+and+Java+EE+Newscast
* Keep up with the aftermath of the Oracle/Sun merger:
http://www.mergerspeak.com