We use a properties file, formatted by ant build file and deployed via a
rpm spec file depending on the environment its in.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim May [mailto:jim.webg...@gmail.com]
Sent: 24 October 2011 10:47 PM
To: MyFaces Discussion
Subject: Best practice for storing application variables

I know this question is not directly associated with MyFaces, but more a
general web application question.

What is the best practice for storing application variables that need to
be
changed once deployed to an environment? I want to use these variables
in my
application scoped bean in the JSF web project.

I was wondering what others have done. Right now, I am doing a jndi
lookup
for Strings and setting them on my application scoped bean. I feel like
there is a better way of doing it.

Thank You,
--
James May