esp. for weld we have the alternative implementation modules. you can use
them to provide custom implementations (e.g. [1] and [2]) or you are using
the alternative config modules which use btw. need the alternative
implementation modules (-> you can use something like [3]).

regards,
gerhard

[1]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/extensions/cdi/trunk/alternative-modules/alternative-configuration-modules/core-alternative-configuration-module/src/main/java/org/apache/myfaces/extensions/cdi/core/alternative/config/AlternativeCodiCoreConfig.java
[2]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/extensions/cdi/trunk/alternative-modules/alternative-configuration-modules/core-alternative-configuration-module/src/main/resources/META-INF/services/org.apache.myfaces.extensions.cdi.core.api.config.CodiConfig
[3]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/extensions/cdi/trunk/alternative-modules/alternative-configuration-modules/core-alternative-configuration-module/src/test/resources/myfaces-extcdi.properties

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF/JavaEE powerhouse -