Am Mon, 22 Apr 2024 12:58:25 +0000
schrieb "\"cezar.so...@desion.de\"" (cezar.so...@desion.de)
<users@sogo.nu>:

> Could you tell me what I have to do to setup SOGo to sent EMail
> Notifications by using only one smtps email account from my external
> shared mail provider? Do I need to install Postfix/Sendmail/Dovecot?

SOGo itself includes an SMTP client, you can use that, but if the
server is not reachable, the messages can't be send and the user will
be presented an error message.
A local MTA has benefits because it can queue mails in that situation.

You can install whatever MTA you want. It simply needs to be configured
to send all mails to one server (smart host) and use authentication.

The MTA must listen on the localhost ([::1]:25) and SOGo must be
configured to connect to this IP.

With sendmail this is possible and easy.
https://support.mailchannels.com/hc/en-us/articles/200262690-Setting-up-for-Sendmail